Welcome - nice to meet you
Let me introduce myself: I am an experienced International Development Consultant / Sector Planner / Business Development Specialist, Bid Writer and Bid Manager, as well as a former Company Regional Representative, with geographic focus on Asia and the Pacific. I have permanent residency in the EU and in Australia.
As a passionate development economist, I offer proposal / bid writing services and business development support in the context of international development (poverty reduction/ infrastructure planning) for a variety of sectors, with funding from numerous international development agencies. These include the Asian Development Bank (ADB), The World Bank Group (IBRD, IFC), DFAT/AusAID, BTC, GIZ, KfW, MCC, SDC, USAID and others. It also includes applications for grants and concept notes, as typically applied for by NGOs to fund project ideas.
I have been working in international development cooperation for over 25 years, with a strong focus on Asia and the Pacific, engaging in Government Liaison across Asia and the Pacific, developing projects and proposals, drafting project proposals as well as managing bids. Furthermore, I have been engaged in Country Representation in Asia, as well as in the management of development projects in Asia funded by the ADB, EU, World Bank, UN, DFAT, and other international (donor) organisations and consulting firms.
In the role of Regional Representative for South East Asia I covered the organisation's activities in Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Timor Leste and the Philippines. In the role of Deputy Regional Director, I covered Indonesia and Malaysia. Both assignments totaled seven years.
In the past 8 years, I focused more on proposal drafting and bid management, as well as advising international consulting organisations on strategic alliances, features in the different countries and key issues. This includes undertaking site visits in Asia and the Pacific, liaising with various with Government Departments in the region, with donor agencies, NGOs, academic institutions, and local consulting firms and consultants for project proposals.
I currently support international consulting firms in business development, bid management, bid writing, and as a bid reviewer, covering amongst others the sectors outlined below.
Sectors covered either in bid writing or project management include:
- Economic Development, including Private Sector Support, MSME and investment planning;
- Green Growth, including Renewable Energies, Economic Planning and Circular Economy;
- Regional Planning, including Transportation and Tourism Development;
- Natural Resources Management Planning, including Biodiversity Conservation;
- Environment Conservation and Climate Change Adaptation/Mitigation;
- Education Planning, including Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET);
- Health Sector Support;
- Rural Development, including Rural Infrastructure Development Planning and Agriculture Development;
- Water & Sanitation Planning, as well as Solid Waste Management.
- Disaster Rehabilitation and Reconstruction.
Long term work: Asia:
- Vietnam (11 years, accumulated over a period of some 25 years)
- Indonesia (6 years),
- Cambodia (4 years)
Other relevant countries:
- Australia (4.5 years).
Multiple visits: Bangladesh, Myanmar, Lao PDR, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Timor Leste, Tonga; PR China.
Single visits: Nepal, Sri Lanka, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, USA, Panama.
Official name is Anja, pronounced 'Anya'.